I can't remember where I found this recipe, but the first time I ate so much, I felt sick! It is so good! To make it vegetarian, just substitute the chicken with more vegetables. I think the addition of snow peas would be awesome!!!
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 cup chopped green peppers or 1 cup red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Uncover; cool 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine couscous and remaining salad ingredients; toss gently.
- Combine dressing ingredients.
- Shake well.
- Pour over salad; toss gently.
- Let stand at least 1- 2 hours to blend flavors.