Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I can't remember where I found this recipe, but the first time I ate so much, I felt sick! It is so good! To make it vegetarian, just substitute the chicken with more vegetables. I think the addition of snow peas would be awesome!!!
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 cup chopped green peppers or 1 cup red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Uncover; cool 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine couscous and remaining salad ingredients; toss gently.
- Combine dressing ingredients.
- Shake well.
- Pour over salad; toss gently.
- Let stand at least 1- 2 hours to blend flavors.
This is really a great salad. I made as directed with the red bell pepper. The only changes I made were that I used a combination of grapefruit and orange juice and I used a chive-parsley combination for the herbs. I happened to have snow peas around so I did use those as well. Thanks for posting. I will consider making this without the chicken as a great carbo-veggie side in the future.
This is a great refreshing salad! I loved the bright colors (I used red bell pepper), the crunchy vegetables, the flavorful dressing, and the freshness that the parsley added. I've never made couscous before, and DH looked at it a little funny at first, but declared this a five star recipe. It will work real well for a summer time meal, and I also plan to make it for my next office pot luck, so I can share it with my co-workers. Thanks for posting this jewel.