Recipe by cookiedog
From Cooking Light. Posted for Zaar World Tour III North Africa. Needs to chill 2 hrs. or overnight.
Top Review by **Mandy**
Delicious, made for my lunch, cheated a little & used shredded roast chicken & minced basil in a tube, added some fresh parsley for a hint of fresh. Very tasty and one I will make again for certain. Thanks for posting!
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) package couscous
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (garbanzo beans)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add chicken; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken using a slotted spoon; set aside.
- Cool slightly, and coarsely chop.
- While chicken cools, add couscous to broth; stir well.
- Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Place couscous in a large bowl; cool completely.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Stir in basil and next 5 ingredients (basil through garlic).
- Add chopped chicken, tomatoes, onions, and chickpeas; toss gently to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.