1/1 Photo of Couscous Chicken Salad
From Cooking Light. Posted for Zaar World Tour III North Africa. Needs to chill 2 hrs. or overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) package couscous
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (garbanzo beans)
- 1Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- 2Add chicken; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 3Remove chicken using a slotted spoon; set aside.
- 4Cool slightly, and coarsely chop.
- 5While chicken cools, add couscous to broth; stir well.
- 6Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- 7Place couscous in a large bowl; cool completely.
- 8Fluff with a fork.
- 9Stir in basil and next 5 ingredients (basil through garlic).
- 10Add chopped chicken, tomatoes, onions, and chickpeas; toss gently to combine.
- 11Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Couscous Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.7
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 27.2 mg
- Sodium 438.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 16.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
sherry wine vinegar