Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
- 15 ounces canned black beans, drained
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can no-salt-added corn, drained
- 8 ounces canned sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, in water,drained and cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced pickeled jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 6 cups fresh spinach leaves
- Combine water and salt in a saucepan; bring to a boil, remove from heat.
- Add couscous; stir well.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes or until couscous is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Add black beans and next 5 ingredients; stir gently.
- Combine ricotta cheese, vinegar, oil, and cumin; stir into couscous mixture.
- Spoon mixture into an 11x7x2" baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350F for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Cut spinach leaves into thin strips.
- Place 1 cup spinach on each serving plate; spoon couscous mixture evenly over spinach.
A nice recipe for warm, comfortable food that for once is light and healthy too. It improves markably by adidng a bit of garlic.