My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
- 15 ounces canned black beans, drained
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can no-salt-added corn, drained
- 8 ounces canned sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, in water,drained and cut into strips
- 1/2 cup minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced pickeled jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 6 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1Combine water and salt in a saucepan; bring to a boil, remove from heat.
- 2Add couscous; stir well.
- 3Cover and let stand 5 minutes or until couscous is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- 4Add black beans and next 5 ingredients; stir gently.
- 5Combine ricotta cheese, vinegar, oil, and cumin; stir into couscous mixture.
- 6Spoon mixture into an 11x7x2" baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 7Bake, uncovered, at 350F for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 8Cut spinach leaves into thin strips.
- 9Place 1 cup spinach on each serving plate; spoon couscous mixture evenly over spinach.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Couscous Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.1
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 12.7 mg
- Sodium 919.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 15.9 g