Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a simple meatless dish, and easy to make, courtesy of America's Best One-Dish Recipes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach
- Combine water and garlic salt in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, and stir in couscous.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in black beans and next 7 ingredients.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350ºF for 25 minutes, or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with sliced green onions.
- Cut spinach into thin strips and serve couscous misture over spinach.
I had some couscous in the pantry that I wanted to use up and this recipe incorporated ingredients I had on hand. I substituted nonfat Greek yogurt for the sour cream and used this as a side for some grilled chicken. It was a hit and I would eat it on its own as a good meatless main dish. Thanks for sharing Miss Annie!
I realized that we have not had couscous for ages and i wanted something different from the Thabuleh i ususally make. This was a very nice dinner on a monday. Thank you for sharing!