Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
From the Australian Womens Weekly website. Great recipe. For a complete meal I add either felafel balls or feta cheese. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock or 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock or 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red capsicums, cut into 1cm dice
- 3 zucchini, cut into 1cm dice
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1cm dice
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatoes, peeled, seeded, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, shredded thinly
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1⁄4 cup mixed picked herbs (parsley, basil, tarragon)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring stock to the boil and pour over couscous, cover with a towel and set aside 5 minutes, break up with a fork to separate grains. Season lightly and stir through zest, juice, parsley, pine nuts and olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced (200°C conventional).
- Combine vegetables in a baking dish, season and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Bake in preheated oven 30-40 minutes, stirring regularly, until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining oil, vinegar and sugar in a medium bowl, season lightly to taste.
- Combine tomato and basil in a small bowl with half the dressing.
- Toss briefly to combine salad leaves and herbs in a large bowl with remaining dressing.
- To serve, place an 8cm diameter biscuit cutter in the centre of the serving plates.
- Divide the couscous among the plates. Top with roasted vegetable mixture and then the salad leaves.
- Carefully remove biscuit cutter and drizzle tomato mixture over and around the salads.
- Serve immediately.