Recipe by Sackville
I like this for its simplicity. It's almost a meal on its own, but also perfect for potluck dinners or picnics because it doesn't need to kept cool.
Top Review by Nat Da Brat
This recipe was scrumptious and very easy to make! Blackened peppers on grill, as well, cooked asparagus and zucchini on grill also. Used Basil,Mint and Coriander. Threw in some roasted chopped cashews and chopped mandarin oranges. Will definetely make again, as there can be sooo many things you can "throw" into this.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 red peppers
- 6 stalks asparagus, trimmed
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 bunch spring onion, sliced
- 2 red chilies, deseeded and sliced
- 3 cups fresh herbs, chopped (choose from basil, coriander, mint, parsley, oregano)
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 10 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix couscous and water together, and let sit for 30 mins or until all the water is absorbed and couscous is tender but firm.
- Blacken the peppers, either over a gas flame or in the oven, under the grill.
- Once they're blackened on all sides, cover in saran wrap and leave to"sweat" for 5 minutes before removing their skins and slicing into chunks.
- In a frying pan, lightly cook the asparagus and zucchini.
- Mix vegetables with couscous, spring onions, chillies, herbs, olive oil and lemon dressing.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.