Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Couscous with fresh veggies mixed together that fill peppers!
Make and share this Couscous and Feta Stuffed Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable broth, fat free
- 2⁄3 cup couscous
- 4 large bell peppers, mixed colors
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 6 ounces zucchini, quartered lengthwise then sliced across thinly
- 6 ounces yellow squash, quartered lengthwise then sliced across thinly
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 15 ounces canned chick-peas, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F F.
- Coat a small baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring the broth to a boil in a saucepan, add the couscous, cover the pan and remove it from the heat.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut the stems and top half inch off the bell peppers and scoop out the seeds and membranes. Boil trimmed peppers for 5 minutes, then drain them upside down.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet. Add onion, zucchini, yellow squash, fennel seeds, oregano, and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the tomatoes and chickpeas. Using a fork, scrape the couscous into the skillet and toss with the vegetables. Stir in the crumbled feta.
- Place peppers upright in the baking dish and fill them with couscous. Bake 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.