1/1 Photo of Couscous and Feta Stuffed Bell Peppers
I originally got this recipie out of a shape magazine but I found the serving sizes far too large so I cut the peppers in half lengthwise and stuffed the halves instead of stuffing the whole pepper. I often sprinkle another cup of feta over the peppers just before they go in to bake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup couscous
- 6 large bell peppers, mixed colors
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 ounces zucchini, quartered lengthwise then sliced across thinly
- 6 ounces yellow squash, quartered lengthwise then sliced across thinly
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plum tomato, diced
- 15 ounces chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350°F Coat a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut the stems out of the bell peppers and cut them in half lengthwise. Scoop out all the seeds and membranes. Boil the prepared peppers for 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon remove them from water and let them drain cut side down.
- 3Bring the broth to boil in a saucepan and add the couscous. Cover the pan and remove it from the heat.
- 4Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet. Cook the onion, zucchini, yellow squash, fennel seeds, oregano, and salt for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables start to soften.
- 5Remove skillet from heat and add the tomatoes and chickpeas. Fluff the couscous with a fork and add it to the skillet, mixing it with the vegetables. Stir in the crumbled feta.
- 6Arrange the peppers in the baking dish cut sides up (like little boats)and fill them with the couscous/vegetable mixture. (The filling will be heaping unless your peppers are very large.).
- 7Bake 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Couscous and Feta Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.9
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 17.8 mg
- Sodium 836.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: