I find both cucumbers and fresh dill to be especially refreshing when it's hot outside, so I think this light-tasting dish makes a great side during the heat of summer. Adapted from Cooking Light.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked couscous (I used whole wheat)
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, quartered lengthwise, and sliced (about 3/4 pound)
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil and gradually stir in couscous.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes; fluff with a fork, cool.
- Combine buttermilk, and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Add couscous, bell pepper, onions, and cucumbers; toss gently.