1/1 Photo of Couscous and Cucumber Salad With Buttermilk- Dill Dressing
I find both cucumbers and fresh dill to be especially refreshing when it's hot outside, so I think this light-tasting dish makes a great side during the heat of summer. Adapted from Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked couscous (I used whole wheat)
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, quartered lengthwise, and sliced (about 3/4 pound)
- 1In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil and gradually stir in couscous.
- 2Remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes; fluff with a fork, cool.
- 3Combine buttermilk, and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- 4Add couscous, bell pepper, onions, and cucumbers; toss gently.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Couscous and Cucumber Salad With Buttermilk- Dill Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.0
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 229.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 5.8 g