1/1 Photo of Couscous and Chicken Fruit Salad
Couscous gets it's beginnings in North Africa, and this salad is a great introduction it! Great for summer eating!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 15 1/4 ounces tropical fruit salad
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 10 ounces white chicken meat, drained (or leftover chicken)
- 1/2 cup diced mango
- 1/2 cup halved red seedless grapes
- 12 large fresh spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut, if desired
- 1Drain liquid from fruit salad and reserve.
- 2In small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup reserved fruit juices, cornstarch, gingerroot and vinegar; blend well with wire whisk.
- 3Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly. Refrigerate to cool slightly.
- 4Add water to the remaining fruit juices to make 1-1/2 cups; place in medium saucepan.
- 5Bring to boil over medium heat. STir in couscous. Cover; remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 6Refrigerate 10-15 minutes to cool slightly.
- 7Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine fruit salad, chicken, mango and grapes. Add slightly cooled dressing; toss gently to coat.
- 8Line serving platter with spinach leaves.
- 9Spoon cooled couscous evenly over spinach.
- 10Top with fruit and chicken mixture.
- 11Sprinkle with coconut, if using.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Couscous and Chicken Fruit Salad
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.2
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.1 mg
- Sodium 80.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 23.8 g