Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful side dish that me mum (my English mother-in-law) has prepared for us twice now upon visiting. Some of the last batch is still in the fridge as I write this, and I can't stop nibbling at it! I finally remembered to get the recipe this time.
- 7 ounces couscous
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, freshly chopped
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Place the couscous in a bowl and pour over 300ml (1/2 pint) boiling water.
- Leave for 30 minutes until the water has been completely absorbed, allow to cool.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, cilantro and seasoning to taste.
- Add chili pepper, tomatoes and onions and stir gently to combine ingredients.
- Allow to chill for at least an hour. It allows the flavours to mingle.
- Keeps well in the fridge for 2 or 3 days.
forgot the chili pepper, subbed lime for lemon. absolutely loved this! delicious! :)
made this today and loved it, I used one jalapeno pepper in place of the chili pepper next time I'll use two, I also added in a minced garlic clove, lots of freshly ground black pepper, before served I mixed in some cubed feta, so delicious!... thank you for sharing your great recipe Prairie! :)
Wonderful salad - there are no in-your-face flavours there but the subtle combination is so very, very tasty! Used chives instead of green onion (which I couldn't get!) but otherwise followed the recipe; used 1/2 ts salt (I like to measure :-) ). Really good and will definitely get made again! Thank you!