Recipe by bggio
This cous cous is the best side dish type of cous cous I have ever had the chance to experience. This is best with spicy lamb sausage (merguez) or grilled beef and lamb.
Top Review by Dawn
I served this with lamb chops, a perfect companion. I had a hard time leaving it in the fridge for 2 hours, had to keep sampling. I strained mint and grapefruit mixture into couscous, but my garlic was strained out, so I added additional garlic to recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous, medium sized
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1⁄8 cup mint leaf
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, curley chopped (2/3 works)
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Squeeze the juice of the grapefruit and place in large measuring cup.
- boil the water and add to grapefruit with mint and oil and garlic.
- Place cous cous in large enough wide pot with a cover.
- once the mint has steaped for a minute or two (remove mint and chop) place the water/grapefruit/oil/mint/garlic mixture in pot with couscous.
- with a fork fluff quickly mixing completely and cover for a 2 minutes and fluff again/cover 1 minute.
- add parsley and salt fluff and cover for 1 minute. taste to see if cous cous has softned but still firm.
- Chop tomato and place in mixtur and put away in fridge for 2 hours.