Chef #457852 - bggio's Note:
This cous cous is the best side dish type of cous cous I have ever had the chance to experience. This is best with spicy lamb sausage (merguez) or grilled beef and lamb.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Squeeze the juice of the grapefruit and place in large measuring cup.
- 2boil the water and add to grapefruit with mint and oil and garlic.
- 3Place cous cous in large enough wide pot with a cover.
- 4once the mint has steaped for a minute or two (remove mint and chop) place the water/grapefruit/oil/mint/garlic mixture in pot with couscous.
- 5with a fork fluff quickly mixing completely and cover for a 2 minutes and fluff again/cover 1 minute.
- 6add parsley and salt fluff and cover for 1 minute. taste to see if cous cous has softned but still firm.
- 7Chop tomato and place in mixtur and put away in fridge for 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.6
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 122.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g