Recipe by Pink Penguin
A nice veggie option serve with salad & chutney.
Top Review by Jamie Oliver wannabe
Beautiful! I didn't add/delete anything and found this such a tasty side for a BBQ. If anything the fritters were a little crumbly when frying but most stuck together. I would have taken a photo but the evening was mad and never got a chance. Next time though!
- 175 g couscous
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 85 g feta, diced
- 50 g sunblushed tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure the coucous into a large heatproof bowl, pour over the hot stock, then cover with clingfilm.
- Leave to stand for 5 mins or until all the stock has been absorbed.
- Add the egg & yogurt, mix well.
- Season, then fold through the cheese, tomatoes & spring onions.
- Divide the mixture into 4 & shape into burgers.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then cook the fritters over a medium heat for 3 minutes each side until golden.