Recipe by I_Cook_For_Firemen
It was a hot Saturday in July in Texas. My friend, Courtney, had a cook-out beside the pool and grilled this delicious chicken. It was flavorful, aromatic and juicy. Perfect accompaniments would be cilantro-lime rice, black beans (just add tomatoes and garic!) and, of course, a cold brew. Prep time is marinating time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, skinless and boneless cut into 12 strips
- 1 (10 ounce) can frozen margarita mix, thawed
- 2⁄3 cup tequila
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chicken seasoning
- arugula, to garnish
- lime, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken, margarita mix, tequila, cilantro and chicken seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; squeeze out the air and seal. Massage the bag to combine the ingredients.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Meanwhile, soak 12 wooden skewers in water.
- Preheat a grill to medium. Remove the chicken from the marinade; thread each piece onto a skewer.
- Oil the grill grate; grill the chicken skewers for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until the meat is cooked through. Serve on a platter with arugula and lime.