Courgettes with Garlic and Olive Oil
- Salt the courgettes and let them drain in a colander for half an hour.
- Rinse and pat dry.
- Heat oil in a large heavy frying pan and sautι the garlic and courgettes over high heat for 5 minutes, tossing constantly.
- Add water, wine, salt and pepper and simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes, shaking the pan a few times to prevent sticking, until the courgettes are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Sprinkle with oregano and serve at room temperature.