BBCfood.com is where you can find this recipe. This recipe intrigued me when I read it, so I posted it. Courgettes are a type of zucchini that looks like a ridged cucumber. However, courgettes are usually served warm and not eaten cold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, chopped
- olive oil
- 4 courgettes, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 250 g ricotta cheese, with
- black pepper
- 50 g fresh parmesan cheese, grated (1.75 oz)
- 700 g passata tomato sauce (24.75 oz) or 700 g good pasta sauce (24.75 oz)
- 1 (250 g) packet fresh lasagna sheets (8 oz)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 1Heat the oven to 430ºF.
- 2Fry the onion in 2 tbsp oil until soft.
- 3Add the courgette and garlic, cook until soft.
- 4Off the heat, stir in the zest and half of each cheese.
- 6Pour half the sauce into a baking dish.
- 7Spread the courgette mixture down the centre of each lasagne sheet and roll into tubes.
- 8Lay on top of the sauce, seam-side down.
- 9Pour the rest of the passata over, dot with the remaining cheese.
- 10Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Courgettes & Ricotta Cannelloni
Serving Size: 1 (538 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.6
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 42.8 mg
- Sodium 1184.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 25.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of