Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
BBCfood.com is where you can find this recipe. This recipe intrigued me when I read it, so I posted it. Courgettes are a type of zucchini that looks like a ridged cucumber. However, courgettes are usually served warm and not eaten cold.
- 1 onion, chopped
- olive oil
- 4 courgettes, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 250 g ricotta cheese, with
- black pepper
- 50 g fresh parmesan cheese, grated (1.75 oz)
- 700 g passata tomato sauce (24.75 oz) or 700 g good pasta sauce (24.75 oz)
- 1 (250 g) packetfresh lasagna sheets (8 oz)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- Heat the oven to 430ºF.
- Fry the onion in 2 tbsp oil until soft.
- Add the courgette and garlic, cook until soft.
- Off the heat, stir in the zest and half of each cheese.
- Pour half the sauce into a baking dish.
- Spread the courgette mixture down the centre of each lasagne sheet and roll into tubes.
- Lay on top of the sauce, seam-side down.
- Pour the rest of the passata over, dot with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden.