My Mum took my sister and I out to lunch in London the other day and we had Italian for lunch. I don't recall the name of the restaurant but the dish I had was fantastic! It was called Giardiniera I think and contained all the below but also had deep fried spinach and paremsan balls with it. I've been unable to replicate the spinach balls (I tried a baked version as well but that didn't work either) so I'm just listing the pasta and topping for now and maybe eventually I'll be able to get the rest right.
- In a large pan of salted water, put the pasta on to boil.
- Grate the courgettes/zucchini, chop or mince the garlic, finely chop the chilli and grate the parmesan.
- Melt the teaspoon of butter in a large frying pan and add the garlic.
- Cook for a couple of minutes and then add the chilli and courgette/zucchini.
- Leave to cook for 10-15mins stirring occasionally. NB. You want to cook everything but not really brown any of it off.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan.
- When the pasta is cooked to your liking, drain well and stir through a tablespoon of olive oil if desired.
- Plate up the pasta and serve with the courgette/zucchini mixture on top.