Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
"A few of these would make a great veggie main course." From "The Hairy Biker's Cookbook" MAY 2006 BBC Good Food issue.
- Grate Courgettes, add a few pinches of salt and allow to drain for approximately 20 minutes.
- Place in a clean towel and squeeze out excess water.
- Mix courgette ball with onion, dill, parsley, eggs and paprika. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Work in the cheese and flour, mixture should have the consistency of porridge (oatmeal).
- For each fritter spoon out 1 tbsp of mixture into hot oil and fry until golden.
- Serve with slices of lemon.
I thought this was pretty tasty. I agree that it could've done with a little less feta, however.
It was nice, however not breathtaking. Due to the amount of feta and herbs the courgette taste was barely noticable. Better take at least 900 g and drain it very well. Also it is handy to use an ice-scoop before making paddies and roll them thru Panka. Frying in sesameoil should add to the nutty flavour...
These were ok. I played around with the spices and tried one batch with garlic and also added some salt. But at the end of the day was nothing really impressive.