Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Velvety green flecked soup with creamy yoghurt, crispy bacon and a smattering of paprika makes a comforting light lunch or supper.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 150 g bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 600 g courgettes
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 120 g plain yogurt
- 1 pinch paprika
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add 100g (two-thirds) of the bacon and fry gently until it starts to brown. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the courgettes and stock. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the courgettes are very tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small frying pan, fry the remaining chopped bacon until crisp. Set aside to drain on kitchen paper.
- Remove the soup from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Process until smooth using a hand-blender or food processor. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Reheat the soup as necessary, then divide amongst serving bowls. To garnish, place 2 tbsp yoghurt in each bowl, sprinkle with bacon.