Recipe by English_Rose
Lovely healthy dish that can served hot or cold, maybe take to work for lunch or double, triple the recipe for a party...
Top Review by Nancy's Fancy Pantry
Delicious and beautiful - quite a hit with the family. I was looking for ideas to clear out my refrigerator and this recipe fit the bill. I used a large cast iron skillet so I increased the eggs by two and added 3 tbsp milk. In addition, I roasted 4 small zucchini and a half pint of cherry tomatoes instead of sauteing. Quick and satisfying week night dinner!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 6 eggs, beaten and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- In a medium size frying pan add the oil and fry the onion for 5 mins on a low heat.
- Add the zucchini and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir the milk into the eggs.
- Add the eggs, tomatoes, cheese and basil to the frying pan and cook slowly on a low heat for 6-8 minutes.
- Finish under the broiler until the egg is just set.
- Turn out the frittata onto a plate and serve.