Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This soup is really lovely--make sure you take the time to savour it.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 25 g butter, softened
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 750 g courgettes, sliced
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1500 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 25 g parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat oil and half the butter in a large saucepan. Fry onion over a low heat until golden. Add courgettes and continue to cook over a low heat for another 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes and cook for another 3 - 4 minutes Add the stock, cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and process until smooth.
- Beat together the basil, eggs, butter and cheese. Drizzle the soup in and season well.
- Return to the heat and heat through.
- Serve sprinkled with extra parmesan if desired.
A really nice recipe, the addition of cheese and eggs give a good depth of flavour and make it a very filling soup.<br/><br/>Just one thing that caught me out making this for the first time, you are never asked to add the garlic.
This was a very different kind of courgette soup, I didn't think it was any different from any other until you add the cheese butter and egg and then it is totaly transformed into a a lovely smooth velvety soup I didn't use all the stock as I hate runny soup and I thought the 1500ml was too much I also used more garlic and lots of pepper. I added some soup to the butter mixture and whisked it up and then added it to the pot I was worried the egg would scramble but it didn't Thank you for posting. Made for Bargain Basement 2010