Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A nice easy recipe great with salad.
- 140 g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 175 ml milk
- 50 g strong cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon chives, snipped
- 400 g courgettes, grated
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Heat oven to 200c/fan180c/gas 6. Tip the flour into a bowl, season then gradually stir in the eggs & milk until you have a smooth batter. Stir in the cheese & the chives.
- In a dry non-stick frying pan, cook courgette over a high heat, stirring for 3-4 mins until just soft. Tip onto kitchen paper & squeeze dry, then stir into the batter.
- Oil the pan, then drop in a small ladlefuls of batter, cooking for a couple of mins on each side until golden. Continue until you have 12 fritters, then transfer to a baking tray & finish in the oven for 8 minutes.