Recipe by Kiwi Kathy
A favourite recipe from Alison Holst's book, Meals without Meat. These make a delicious, quick and easy main. Ideal when time is short or courgettes are in abundance and you're looking for another way to eat them.
Top Review by berniceg11perlas
I have made these a few times now and we can't get enough of them. I did not use the cheese as I am not buying it at the moment as my husband is on a constant diet! I am looking forward to trying them with cheese but they are really nice without it. Thank you for sharing this recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 garlic clove
- 2.46 ml salt
- 709.77 ml courgettes, grated
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 118.29 ml self-raising flour, approx
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the eggs. Crush the garlic and add to the eggs with the salt. Mix again.
- Add the firmly packed grated courgette and cheese then stir in enough self-raising flour to make a batter consistency.
- Drop batter into hot oil to make small fritters. Turn over when golden brown.
- Serve with yoghurt cucumber mint sauce or any relish, chutney or tomato sauce.
- Serves 4 main servings.