Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
When my DD was a teenager she went through a vegie stage and this was one of her favourites a very nice light curry. If you use tinned tomatoes you might not want to use the water.
- 400 g courgettes
- 400 g chopped tomatoes (you can use fresh)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 10 g of chopped fresh coriander
- 50 ml water
- Heat the oil in a pan add the cumin seed and the mustard seeds, when they start to pop add the onion and saute till transparent.
- Add the turmeric and saute for a few minutrs more.
- Then add the courgette,chilli, ground chilli ground coriander, ground cumin, and salt.
- cook for 2 minutes keep it moving so it won't sit on the bottom.
- Next add the tomato paste, and the tomatoes.
- Add the water and cook till the courgettes are soft about 10-15 minutes.
Probably tasty..I 've used a rather identical spice/tomato mix on chicken, and yum! I like the use of courgettes as I love them but never knew much what to do with them.
A tasty, quick, easy, healthy week-night meal = A winner! :) We used canned tomatoes & still added the water just to make sure it was saucy enough for us. Thanks for sharing. :)
It turned out absolutely delicious. I would recommend eating this dish with Indian chappatis and fresh plain yoghurt.