Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the veg soc. 2006 "saintly" christmas menu.
Make and share this Courgette Christmas Candles recipe from Food.com.
- 200 g courgettes, straight if possible
- 45 g cream cheese
- 2 artichoke hearts in brine, drained & chopped
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes, drained of oil and chopped
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 9.85 ml chives, finely chopped
- Peel 12 or 14 vertical strips of courgette using a potato peeler (preferably a swivel type one).
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, blanch the courgette for 30 seconds and then refresh under cold water.
- Put the cream cheese, artichokes, tomatoes and lemon juice into a food processor and blend until smooth, then add the chives.
- Lay the courgette strips flat and spread a tsp of the pate on top. Then roll up gently and stand upright. Garnish with extra chives and thin strips of sun dried tomatoes.