Another favourite of mine from Alison & Simons Holst's "Meals without Meat". A moist delicious take on the traditional chocolate cake.
- Prepare 25cm square cake tin by lining with strips of baking paper.
- Beat the butter and sugars until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, with a spoonful of the flour to prevent the mixture curdling.
- Add the vanilla and yoghurt and mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients together. Stir into mixture with the grated courgette.
- Turn into prepared cake tin. Sprinkle surface with chocolate pieces if desired.
- Bake at 170 degrees centigrade for 45 minutes or until the centre feels firm and the skewer comes out clean.