Recipe by Kitzy
I'm not sure whether to call this a tart or a quiche, but either way it's lovely. It's great served hot with potatoes and salad, but I'm sure it'd be very tasty cold too.
Top Review by little_wing
I'm not going to rate this recipe because it might be that the Zaar conversion to US measurements was a little off. My crust came out a little crumbly instead of flaky and the filling seemed to have too much milk for the amount of egg. Sorry, it didn't turn out for me, but the veggies were lovely and it did make for a very colorful and attractive tart! thanks.
- 175 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 75 g chilled butter, diced
- 1 green pepper, cored, deseeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper, cored, deseeded and chopped
- 200 g courgettes, trimmed
- 200 g carrots
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 300 ml milk
- 50 g mature cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour and paprika in a bowl. Add the butter and rub it in until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add enough cold water to form a firm dough (just a couple of tablespoons). Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6. Roll out the pastry and line a 23cm pie dish. Chill the case for 30 minutes, then bake blind for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and lower temperature to 180C/350F/gas mark 4.
- Chop the peppers into small pieces and layer them over the bottom of the pie case. Cut the courgettes and carrots into ribbons and boil them for 2 minutes. Pat dry and lay over the peppers.
- Beat the eggs, cheese and milk together and pour this over the vegetables. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the filling is set and golden brown.