1/3 Photos of Courgette, Basil and Brie Cheese Soup
Found this in a magazine, great flavours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 1 dash white wine
- 1/2 pint vegetable stock
- 1 1/4 lbs courgettes, chopped
- 7 fluid ounces milk
- 7 ounces brie cheese (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 15 basil leaves, torn, plus extra to garnish
- salt and pepper
- 1Melt the butter in a large heavy-based pan and fry the onion 2-3 minutes until softened.
- 2Add the potato, garlic and wine, and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in the stock and courgettes and bring to the boil.
- 4Reduce heat, then cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes or until the potato is cooked.
- 5Pour in the milk, add the Brie and heat through gently until melted.
- 6Stir in the cream and basil, and warm through without letting it boil.
- 7Season and serve with the extra basil sprinkled on top.
- 8* If you want a smoother soup just run a stick blender through it a few times.or even place in blender and pulse.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Courgette, Basil and Brie Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.4
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 84.8 mg
- Sodium 401.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 15.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: