Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
Delicious crispy balls of courgette, perfect for serving with dips or as a main course accompaniment
- 8 medium courgettes
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 100 g halloumi cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated finely
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Grate the courgettes and place in a colander, sprinkle with the salt and leave to seep for 30 minutes or more.
- Place the courgette in a clean tea towel and wring out every possible drop (this is easier with an assistant).
- Add the remaining ingredients, leaving out the flour and oil.
- If the mixture is too runny add more breadcrumbs or a few tablespoons of flour.
- Roll the mixture into small balls, roll in the flour and place on a plate.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- When ready, shallow fry in hot oil until crispy.
- Serve immediately.