Found this recipe on bbcgoodfood.com and haven't tried it as yet. However, I am always on the look-out for rice recipes and this one is very interesting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lb courgette, sliced on a diagonal
- 4 slices smoked back bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 7 1/8 ounces arborio rice or 7 1/8 ounces risotto rice
- 5 1/8 ounces dry white wine
- 3 5/8 cups hot vegetable stock (made with bouillion powder)
- 5 5/8 ounces brie cheese (without rind)
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large heavy saucepan, tip in the courgettes and fry for 10-12 minutes until tinged golden.
- 2Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 3Heat the remaining oil in the pan and add the bacon, onion and garlic.
- 4Cook over a low heat for about 6-8 minutes or until softened and lightly golden.
- 5Add the rice and stir until all the grains are covered.
- 6Take saucepan off the heat & pour in the wine until it absorbs into the rice.
- 7Stir well, then pour in about one third of the hot stock and increase the heat to moderate.
- 8Cook, stirring frequently, until the stock is absorbed.
- 9Repeat with the remaining stock, in two batches.
- 10This should take about 20 minutes, and the rice should be tender.
- 11Preheat the grill on its highest setting.
- 12Remove the rice from the heat, gently fold in the courgettes and season to taste.
- 13Tip everything into a big flameproof dish.
- 14Slice the brie and lay on top of the rice.
- 15Put the dish under the hot grill for 3-4 minutes until the brie is bubbling.
- 16Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Courgette, Bacon & Brie Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.4
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 39.8 mg
- Sodium 259.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
smoked back bacon