Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tasty little cakes which make a great snack or party nibble when made small. Made into larger cakes they make a tasty main when served with salad.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 250 g baby corn, sliced in 5mm coins
- 400 g grated courgettes
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 tablespoons maize meal
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- chopped coriander
- sweet chili sauce
- Squeeze as much water as you can from the courgettes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the corn, courgette and garlic. Cook for 5 mins stirring often, veg should be tender.
- Add maize, cumin and dill and stir well. Heat for 2 - 3 mins until the mixture is thick and holds together well. Allow to cool.
- Once the mixture is cool enough to handle form into 12 cakes (approx).
- Heat the veg oil and fry the cakes until golden on both sides. Drain and keep warm until all are done.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce and scattered with coriander.