Prep 45 mins
Cook 4 mins
I had lots of courgettes and lots of sorrel in my garden and this is the result. The sorrel adds a nice sharp taste. Very nice as a starter or a supper dish and you might like to try it with a side salad and dressing made with natural yoghurt with snipped chives and black pepper.
- 2 large courgettes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons single light cream
- 2 ounces of shredded sorrel
- 4 spring onions
- 2 tablespoons milk
- oil (for frying)
- Grate the courgettes, and place in a bowl sprinkle with salt and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze out the moisture from the courgettes, and drain on kitchen paper.
- Beat the flour, eggs and cream together, and stir in the courgetes, sorrel and spring onion.
- Thin with a little milk to obtain the consistency of thick cream.
- Season with pepper.
- Heat the oil and drop tablespoons of the batter into the pan.
- Cook for 4 minutes turning once untill the fritters are golden.
- Serve hot.
I made this recipe along with some other fritter recipes so I'd have a variety to serve my son & DIL for supper when they were over recently ~ Always on the lookout for new or different veggie recipes! These were satisfying without being overpowered with a lot of other spice flavors! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]