Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
I would love to able to bake but unfortunately the various loaves we use as doorstops proves it won't happen any time soon. Happily I can manage this one which is good because it's yummy
- 3 medium courgettes, grated
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, fine dice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100 g chestnut mushrooms, chopped
- 350 g strong plain flour
- 7 g sachet dried yeast
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon coarse sea salt, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the courgettes in a colander and sprinkle with 1 tsp of the salt. Leave to stand for 20 minutes.
- Squeeze out as much water as possible, rinse and squeeze again.
- Fry the garlic and onion in 1 tbsp of the olive oil until softened. Add mushrooms and cook until softened, then add courgettes and cook for another 2 minutes Strain and set aside.
- Heat oven to 200C.
- Place flour, yeast, oil, 1 tsp salt, basil and the courgette mix. Combine and make a well in the middle, add 125ml warm water and bring together to form a slightly sticky dough.
- Knead for 10 mins and shape into a ball. Place on a greased baking tray. Cover with oiled cling film and place in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Remove film, brush bread with water and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool before serving.