1 hr 30 mins
I would love to able to bake but unfortunately the various loaves we use as doorstops proves it won't happen any time soon. Happily I can manage this one which is good because it's yummy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the courgettes in a colander and sprinkle with 1 tsp of the salt. Leave to stand for 20 minutes.
- 2Squeeze out as much water as possible, rinse and squeeze again.
- 3Fry the garlic and onion in 1 tbsp of the olive oil until softened. Add mushrooms and cook until softened, then add courgettes and cook for another 2 minutes Strain and set aside.
- 4Heat oven to 200C.
- 5Place flour, yeast, oil, 1 tsp salt, basil and the courgette mix. Combine and make a well in the middle, add 125ml warm water and bring together to form a slightly sticky dough.
- 6Knead for 10 mins and shape into a ball. Place on a greased baking tray. Cover with oiled cling film and place in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- 7Remove film, brush bread with water and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 40 minutes.
- 8Cool before serving.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Courgette and Mushroom Bread
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.6
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1369.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 9.8 g