Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and simple but smart enough for a dinner party. Use the best quality olive oil you can afford
- 200 g parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 200 g spaghetti
- 250 g courgettes
- 50 g pine nuts
- 2 lemons, rind of
- Grate the parmesan and mix with the lemon juice, olive oil and black pepper (add more if desired). Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Grate the courgettes and dry fry the pine nuts.
- When nuts are golden add the courgettes, lemon rind and parmesan mix and turn off the heat.
- Toss together the pasta and parmesan mix.
This was quick and easy to make and definitely dinner party worthy. It's fresh and light but not overly light, so perfectly satisfying. I used bavette in place of spaghetti and everything else as listed. I cooked the courgettes for a couple of minutes after the pine nuts browned, then turned off the heat before adding the rest of the ingredients along with some salt. My SO was "mmming" with every mouthful. Thanks for a great recipe!