Recipe by Charmie777
A wonderful mango dessert from Kenya! Any fruit ice cream will work, if you can't find mango. Try peach or fruit sorbet. Canned pineapple can be used for the fresh.
- 1 quart mango ice cream (or peach or fruit sorbet)
- 1 cup pineapple juice, canned
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white rum
- 3 cups fresh pineapple, in 1/2 inch cubes
- chopped pistachio nut
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer pineapple juice and sugar until it dissolves and a syrup is formed.
- Add white rum; cool.
- In a 2-quart bowl cut 3 cups fresh pineapple in 1/2-inch dice.
- Pour the Pineapple Rum Sauce over the pineapple.
- Marinate for several hours.
- Place 1 scoop mango ice cream in a 6-oz. wine glass.
- Top with 3 to 4 oz. pineapple rum mixture.
- Garnish with 1 tbsp pistachio nuts, coarsely chopped.