3 hrs 30 mins
A wonderful mango dessert from Kenya! Any fruit ice cream will work, if you can't find mango. Try peach or fruit sorbet. Canned pineapple can be used for the fresh.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 quart mango ice cream (or peach or fruit sorbet)
- 1 cup pineapple juice, canned
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white rum
- 3 cups fresh pineapple, in 1/2 inch cubes
- chopped pistachio nut
- 1Simmer pineapple juice and sugar until it dissolves and a syrup is formed.
- 2Add white rum; cool.
- 3In a 2-quart bowl cut 3 cups fresh pineapple in 1/2-inch dice.
- 4Pour the Pineapple Rum Sauce over the pineapple.
- 5Marinate for several hours.
- 6Place 1 scoop mango ice cream in a 6-oz. wine glass.
- 7Top with 3 to 4 oz. pineapple rum mixture.
- 8Garnish with 1 tbsp pistachio nuts, coarsely chopped.
Nutritional Facts for Coupe Mount Kenya
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.6
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 66.9 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mango ice cream