Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This fruit cocktail soaked in brandy or cognac and sparkling wine is a festive way to begin a meal. To lend an elegant touch to a brunch or dinner party, serve the fruit in a champagne glass. After the fruit is eaten, use the same glass for champagne or sweet white wine. Preparation time includes cooking time, but does not include chilling time. Note: this is very good either with a brunch-type meal or after a dinner party, served with assorted cheeses.
- 8 ounces frozen strawberries, partially thawed
- 8 ounces frozen pineapple, cubes partially thawed
- 8 ounces frozen sliced peaches
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup brandy
- 1 (750 ml) bottle sparkling wine or 1 (750 ml) bottle champagne, iced
- Combine fruit in glass bowl and add brandy.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator several hours.
- Fill champagne glasses half full of fruit and marinade.
- Pour champagne over fruit at table.