Recipe by Member #610488
This is a recipe from Perino's Restaurant in Los Angeles, CA back in the '60's that made it's way into my grandmother's recipe box.
- 1 (10 ounce) box fresh raspberries
- 1 cup kirsch
- 1 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 pint Orange sherbet
- 8 tablespoons coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Place washed raspberries in a bowl and cover with kirsch. Add sugar if raspberries are not sweet enough for your taste. Soak overnight.
- Toast coconut lightly under broiler.
- Line champagne or sherbet glasses with a half inch of vanilla ice cream.
- Drain soaked raspberries and fill glasses to within one inch of the top.
- Fill remainder of glass with orange sherbet. Sprinkle toasted coconut over top and garnish with a raspberry. Serve immediately.