Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
There is a barbeque chain in Texas called the County Line. They have some of the best food... particularly their potato salad! I found this recipe and had to share! I use to only make mustard potato salad, but this recipe has changed my ways. Enjoy!
- 5 1⁄2 lbs idaho potatoes
- 3⁄4 lb about 2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb about 6 ribsstalks celery, chopped
- 16 ounces kraft dill pickle relish
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sour cream
- 12 ounces Kraft mayonnaise (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon salt (to taste)
- Put unpeeled potatoes in a large pot of salted cold water; bring to a boil and cook until tender throughout, about 25 minutes. Test by inserting a knife into a potato. Refrigerate 30 minutes to allow potatoes to cool. Carefully peel potatoes and cut into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, blend together onions, celery, relish, sour cream, mayonnaise, pepper, garlic salt, celery salt and salt. Add cubes of potato and mix gently.
- Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- For Garnish: Dust with paprika and garnish with a sprig of parsley.
- Recipe can be halved, if desired.
Good and different. Cut it down to half and that is plenty for 2 people for more than one day. Thanks for the recipe.
I don't usually leave a review, but this recipe was soooo good, it demanded a comment. I have several potato salad recipes, all good, but this one is far and away my favorite!! It is written perfectly. I did us sweet relish and half the measurement instead of dill relish just due to personal preference. WOW! Thanks so much for sharing.
I worked for some years at the county line in okc and have to say this recipe is spot on - especially since it's from the county line! I didn't even like potato salad until I ate this back around 1990. It is bar-non the best potato salad I've encountered yet and this recipe is my only way to get it in OKC now that they have closed our county line here. Everyone raves when I make this!