Recipe by Down Home Southern Chef
There is a barbeque chain in Texas called the County Line. They have some of the best food... particularly their potato salad! I found this recipe and had to share! I use to only make mustard potato salad, but this recipe has changed my ways. Enjoy!
- 5 1⁄2 lbs idaho potatoes
- 3⁄4 lb about 2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb about 6 ribsstalks celery, chopped
- 16 ounces kraft dill pickle relish
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sour cream
- 12 ounces Kraft mayonnaise (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put unpeeled potatoes in a large pot of salted cold water; bring to a boil and cook until tender throughout, about 25 minutes. Test by inserting a knife into a potato. Refrigerate 30 minutes to allow potatoes to cool. Carefully peel potatoes and cut into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, blend together onions, celery, relish, sour cream, mayonnaise, pepper, garlic salt, celery salt and salt. Add cubes of potato and mix gently.
- Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- For Garnish: Dust with paprika and garnish with a sprig of parsley.
- Recipe can be halved, if desired.