Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Who doesn't love these? Well now you can make them at home! Enjoy!
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Combine the eggs and the milk in a mixing bowl.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg blend, and beat with an electric mixer until you have a smooth batter.
- Test the mixture and see if it flows easily through a clean plastic funnel. If it's too thick, beat in a little milk. If it's too thin, add a little sifted flour.
- In an 8-inch skillet, heat the canola oil to 360-degrees F.
- Covering the bottom opening of the funnel with a finger, pour in at least 1/2 cup of batter into the top of the funnel. A partner will be very helpful.
- Remove finger and release batter into the hot oil, moving the funnel in a spiral as you do so. Fry the funnel cake until golden brown, about three minutes. Use a wide spatula and some tongs to carefully turn the funnel cakes in the hot oil and fry the second side for about 1 minute.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
- Serve the funnel cakes hot, with syrup if you wish.