Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A very yummy baked chicken. Even family that does not like chicken like this. Since I married just one of those guys that hate chicken, was glad to find this as a young bride, 30+ years ago.
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- Combine Parmesan cheese, flour, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Mix egg and milk.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with cheese mixture.
- Place in 11 3/4 x 7 1/2 inch baking dish.
- Pour butter over chicken; bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
I used half a recipe for two boneless, skinless chicken breast halves. Took about 30 minutes to bake and WOW, delicious. Turns a beautiful golden brown and stays moist and tender.
I thought this was disastrous The flour & cheese mixture did not stick to the chicken & just made big gummy blobs I definitely would never make it again & I followed the recipe to the "T"
This was quick and easy to prepare and tasted great. I will definitely use this recipe again and again.