My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 small lamb chops, thawed
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb potato (3 to 4 medium)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups cabbage, finely shredded
- 12 small white onions
- 1 large leek white, thin sliced
- 1 1/2 cups peas
- 1 1/2 cups celery, diced
- 1Season chops with salt and pepper.
- 2Heat oil in saucepan wide enough to hold all chops in a single layer; brown chops on both sides.
- 3Spoon off any melted fat and add enough water to cover chops.
- 4Bring to a boil and add parsley, peppercorns, thyme and rosemary enclosed in cheesecloth.
- 5Lower heat and simmer.
- 6Meanwhile, peel potatoes and shape into bite sized rounds.
- 7Chop trimmings from potatoes into small pieces.
- 8Add potatoes, trimmings, cabbage, onion, well-rinsed leek, white onions and celery to chops and liquid.
- 9Simmer for 20 minutes then add peas (Add a little more water if needed during cooking).
- 10Simmer for 10 minutes more, or until potatoes are tender.
- 11Add more salt and pepper to taste, if necessary.
- 12Garnish with parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for County Cork Irish Lamb Chops Stew
Serving Size: 1 (705 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 885.5
- Calories from Fat 491
- Total Fat 54.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 140.6 mg
- Sodium 163.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 39.8 g