Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 8 small lamb chops, thawed
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb potato (3 to 4 medium)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups cabbage, finely shredded
- 12 small white onions
- 1 large leek white, thin sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups peas
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, diced
- Season chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in saucepan wide enough to hold all chops in a single layer; brown chops on both sides.
- Spoon off any melted fat and add enough water to cover chops.
- Bring to a boil and add parsley, peppercorns, thyme and rosemary enclosed in cheesecloth.
- Lower heat and simmer.
- Meanwhile, peel potatoes and shape into bite sized rounds.
- Chop trimmings from potatoes into small pieces.
- Add potatoes, trimmings, cabbage, onion, well-rinsed leek, white onions and celery to chops and liquid.
- Simmer for 20 minutes then add peas (Add a little more water if needed during cooking).
- Simmer for 10 minutes more, or until potatoes are tender.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste, if necessary.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.