1 hr 20 mins
Mrs M's Note:
It reminds me of Cornwall when I used to go on holiday with my family .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes and slice into 1/4-inch slices.
- 2In a saucepan heat the bacon grease and slightly sauté the onion.
- 3Add the sliced potatoes and cover with water.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer until the potatoes are fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- 6Drain any remaining water, and add the corned beef.
- 7Stir well.
- 8Slightly mash some of the potatoes as you stir.
- 9Add the salt and pepper.
- 10Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- 11Roll the pie crust into individual 8- to 9-inch circles.
- 12Place 1 cup of the meat and potato mixture on half of each circle, fold over, and press the edges to seal.
- 13Beat together the egg and milk and brush over the pasties.
- 14Place on a baking sheet.
- 15Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 to 50 minutes or until light brown.
- 16These are good served at room temperature.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for County Cork Cornish Pasties
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.1
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 142.0 mg
- Sodium 1000.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 19.2 g