Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
It reminds me of Cornwall when I used to go on holiday with my family .
Make and share this County Cork Cornish Pasties recipe from Food.com.
- Peel potatoes and slice into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a saucepan heat the bacon grease and slightly sauté the onion.
- Add the sliced potatoes and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer until the potatoes are fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain any remaining water, and add the corned beef.
- Stir well.
- Slightly mash some of the potatoes as you stir.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Roll the pie crust into individual 8- to 9-inch circles.
- Place 1 cup of the meat and potato mixture on half of each circle, fold over, and press the edges to seal.
- Beat together the egg and milk and brush over the pasties.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 to 50 minutes or until light brown.
- These are good served at room temperature.