Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on a can of tomatoes. It tastes great right after it is made or even the next day. The addition of bacon adds a nice smokey flavor to this pasta salad. You could easily add some chopped cooked chicken and serve this on a bed of lettuce for a complete lunch.
- 4 cups shell pasta, cooked
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil, well drained
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl combine pasta, tomatoes, bacon, onions, peppers, cheese, and basil. Drizzle with the dressing and toss until thoroughly mixed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
I liked this --- I thought I would have a lot of pasta and tomatoes and not so much other stuff, but actually, it was fine! I don't care for salad dressing, but this bit of balsamic vinegar is lovely, and complements the salad well. This made very nice office lunches, thank you! Made for Alphabet tag game.