Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I got this from www.landolakes.com. I haven't tried it yet but plan to use it for some of our turkey left-overs from the holidays
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 slices turkey breast
- 8 slices American cheese or 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- Mix together the cranberry sauce and horseradish.
- Spread 1 side of 4 slices of bread with 1/4 cup of the cranberry sauce mixture.
- To assemble each sandwich, layer 1 slice bread, cranberry-side up, with 2 slices turkey, 2 slices cheese, and second bread slice.
- Brush top and bottom of each sandwich with melted butter.
- Heat a 10-inch skillet on medium-high heat.
- Place two sandwiches in skillet.
- Grill, turning once, until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Grill remaining sandwiches.
- Serve warm.
Oh, Nurse Di, this sandwich is wonderful! The horseradish adds that extra zippty tang to the sandwich. Great excuse for those turkey lovers to have lunch or/a snack! I enjoyed this very much, thank you for posting. Diane
Ooooh I loved the tang of the horseradish in this. Very very good use of leftover turkey! I loved it with swiss cheese.