Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I got this from www.landolakes.com. I haven't tried it yet but plan to use it for some of our turkey left-overs from the holidays
Top Review by Manami
Oh, Nurse Di, this sandwich is wonderful! The horseradish adds that extra zippty tang to the sandwich. Great excuse for those turkey lovers to have lunch or/a snack! I enjoyed this very much, thank you for posting. Diane
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 slices turkey breast
- 8 slices American cheese or 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the cranberry sauce and horseradish.
- Spread 1 side of 4 slices of bread with 1/4 cup of the cranberry sauce mixture.
- To assemble each sandwich, layer 1 slice bread, cranberry-side up, with 2 slices turkey, 2 slices cheese, and second bread slice.
- Brush top and bottom of each sandwich with melted butter.
- Heat a 10-inch skillet on medium-high heat.
- Place two sandwiches in skillet.
- Grill, turning once, until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Grill remaining sandwiches.
- Serve warm.