Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
MIL's recipe. A quick and easy one-dish meal.
Top Review by mamazee
This is a good empty pantry family dish. made it last night and since i have morningsickness nothing tastes that good :) but there were hardly any leftovers and nobody complained about the celery, which is amazing! This looked pretty, tasted good, and was a good, filling, (if somewhat high fat!) dinner...
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 skinless chicken breast halves (I use bone-in)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise or 2⁄3 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) can baby carrots, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Mix together the rice and next 6 ingredients; spoon into a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Top with chicken breast halves.
- In a small bowl, add the soup, mayo, and milk; stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture over chicken breasts.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, add carrots, and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 15 more minutes.