1/1 Photo of Country Yogurt Bread
This makes a very nicely textured, tender loaf.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1The flour amount is approximate, add more or less to form a nice dough.
- 2Make the bread dough using your favorite method. I just dump it all in my bread machine and set to the dough cycle. You can also mix the dough using the traditional method of heating the liquid and adding the yeast, proofing, and then mixing in the dry ingredients. If using this method knead about 10 minutes and let the dough rest about 10 minutes.
- 3When the dough cycle is complete, place dough onto floured surface and divide into 2 equal pieces.
- 4Form into loaves by rolling each piece into a rectangle about 12x10 inches. Starting at short end, roll tightly into a loaf. Tuck ends and pinch seams to seal.
- 5Place on greased baking sheet.
- 6With a sharp knife, make slashes in the top of the loaves about an inch apart. Brush with egg white.
- 7Let rise until double, about one hour.
- 8Brush with the egg white again before baking.
- 9Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Yogurt Bread
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.8
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 186.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 3.9 g